cellography, face perception and a marble floor


something I came across many many times was/is people - and especially me - recognicing faces in all kind of shapes. The highlight of a rather boring film from the late sixites I had to sit through was a very old continuous-flow water heater on the wall that looked like a Imperial Storm Trooper's Mask from Star Wars. No kidding ! I swear ! Just like in the movies !!!

A quite long dialogue between two students about revolution and art happend right under this gigantic monster mask water heater and I nearly fainted trying NOT to break out in hysterical laughter... people: it was hard to stand this one through.
The longer the dialogue lasted the more hilarious the whole scene became for me. Now I have a very profound glimpse of where George Lucas' team got the idea for this masks

Which leads me back to topic: Face Recognition. For the more interested among us/you here a wikipedia article for starters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_perception). I know this is cheap, but what the heck...

I had to wait several times on the same floor for long terms for some people - and while being there alone and without a book and no view and my old cellphone with built in lo-fi camera (it works, so what the heck !) I started to try out NOT seeing faces in the marble floor. Here some results.






still a human form, but I'm on the way...








way back, in a cave.... yes, this is a pattern I found in a marble floor.
A stone cut through, resulting in this shape. Amazing.









and then I found faces too....









... ghostly, human faces...





Yes, this are all patterns/shapes found in a marble floor. I am still amazed.

Sorry for the poor quality, but the ole cellphone was all I got.












No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails